top of page
Does your family have a plan.....
make a fun learning experience.
1. Draw a map of your home. Show all doors and windows
2. Visit each room. Find two ways out
3. All windows and doors should open easily. Make sure you are able to use them to get outside
4. Make sure your home has working smoke detectors. *Push the test button*
5. Pick a meeting place outside. (a tree, neighbors home, mailbox) make sure everyone meets there
6. Make sure your house or building number can be seen from the street
7. Talk about you plan with everyone in your home.
8. Remember to call 911
9. Practice your home fire escape drill!
teach how to call 911 in the case of emergency
don't hide from under the bed, go to the family meeting place
NEVER play with lighters or matches.
teach them firefighters are not scary in all their gear they are there to help them to safety
bottom of page